- "Hate-speech" is impossible to define (partly because the word "hate" is, too)
- what constitutes "Hate-speech" therefore becomes a matter of interpretation
- that interpretation is in danger of
- being applied unequally to different groups
- being applied in too many scenarios
I've said often enough that I think feminism is about control rather than the stated aim of equality. Because of the nature of the movement, their means of influencing what you do think or say are numerous: social disapproval, righteous anger, group politics, etc. A respected scientist who says the wrong thing or even wears the wrong shirt is hounded online by an unpleasant army.